Keep Your Leather Jacket Free Of Lumps and Wrinkles

Leather Jackets are always a valued possession. You will want your leather outfits to remain in good condition for many years. Leather outfits are a good investment if you maintain them properly. Here is how you can eliminate the lumps formed on the leather jackets.
care-of-leather-jacketMethod of Eliminating Lumps Using Moisture

  • You must first hang the leather jacket in the bathroom on a padded or wooden hanger.

  • You must then turn the hot water on.

  • You must let the shower to run for roughly five minutes.

  • You can then smooth out the lumps using your hands. Hot water will help to loosen the leather a little.

  • You must then hang the leather jacket in a cool and dry place and let it dry properly.


Method of Eliminating Lumps Using Heat and Moisture

  • You must place the leather outfit on an ironing board. The lumpy area should face upwards.

  • You must then lightly dampen the lumps on the jacket. You may do this by using a damp cloth. This will help you protect the leather from the direct heat of the iron.

  • You must run the iron gently on the jacket so that the jacket heats up gently.

  • You can make the lumps even by gently running the iron on it.

  • If the lumps still exist, you must stack a few books on the heated leather. Keep it that way for a few hours till the lumps get completely eliminated.


Some Tips and Suggestions

  • You may also use a hair dryer instead of an iron. You can then smooth out the lumps with your hand.

  • You can use a linen or cotton cloth as a pressing cloth.

  • You must not let the iron get heated to a very high temperature. You must set it to a maximum of 80 degree Fahrenheit.

  • You can otherwise set the iron to the lowest temperature.

  • You can first try the method on a test area before attempting it on the entire jacket.

  • You must not use the iron’s steam function on leather jackets. It can affect the quality of leather jackets.


Method of Eliminating Wrinkles on Faux Leather Jackets without Using Dryer

  • You must place the coat on a hanger and hang it close to the shower. You must place the coat in such a way that it does not come in direct contact with water.

  • You must let the steam flow out and heat up the jacket. Let this process go on for roughly five minutes.

  • The wrinkles on the jacket will vanish due to the steam.

  • If you still have wrinkles, place the jacket on the ironing board.

  • You must then place a towel over the Faux Leather Jacket.

  • You must then run a warm iron over this towel.

  • You will be protecting the jacket from direct heat by using the towel.

  • You may continue ironing till the wrinkles are completely eliminated.


Leather jackets are great outfits. You may have to take proper care to maintain them in good condition. If you strictly adhere to these few simple suggestions, you can easily maintain the brand new look of these leather jackets.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the little I rellay like a myriad of games. Favorite kind are currently playing mmog. This is what I find, games occupy a tremendous section of the time even though I has been alone I can play unhampered. Now which you have a household, I am can not satisfy my must play. However, there is rellay a ray associated with hope because We have a son that will soon accomplish 4 years therefore i think in which for several years will be able to play with me:) We warmly greet every one of the gaming geeks in addition to author of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! Thanks Loren! The crossover bag is brlinialt! I have 2 little girls and only my 1 year old still is in need of diapers/wipes. I hate lugging around those HUGE diaper bags when I really only need a few key items. I will DEFINITELY pick up that bag so I have room for their stuff and mine but still look stylish. Your idea about a light sweater is great too! It reminded me of my scarfs that I usually pull out in the fall, but the Pashmina ones are so light and airy, I can pair them with a simple tank and stretch/denim jeans and look and feel great! I think you're on the path to switching the Stay-at-Home-Mom title to Stay-at-Home-Hotties ;)Thanks again! And keep these tips coming! They're so appreciated!Much Love,MissyDo you like this comment? 0 0

    ReplyDelete